The Best Headcam for Indie Developers
Professional Facial Motion Capture, on Any Budget.
For Realtime or recorded performance capture workflows.
Explore the main features for the Indie Headcam.
Fit Anyone In Minutes
Boasting an intuitive ‘one-size-fits-all’ build, the Indie Headcam easily adjusts to heads of all shapes and sizes It is Lightweight, Breathable, and Comfortable for Extended Use. The helmet is designed and manufactured with over 25 years of experience. For increased comfort and support, three different thicknesses of interior helmet padding are included.
Multiple camera mounting options
Quickly mount the GoPro from the left or right side of the helmet, or secure it to both sides with the included hoop bar for maximum stability during high action shots.
Control your Headcam Remotely
The GoPro App for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone makes it easy to start and end recordings and conveniently manage all GoPro settings. See what your camera sees in real-time for easy shot-framing. You can also view recorded videos directly through your phone.
Record or Stream Video Directly for use in Faceware Software
Whether you need animation Instantly or you want to record for later use, our Indie Headcam systems can do it all. The system includes a HDMI to USB 3.0 video converter, enabling instant animation with Faceware Live, or record performances on the included Micro SD card for use in Analyzer.
What system do I need?
Explore recommended configuration.
- Injection Molded Polymer
- One size fits all
- 3 adjustment knobs for lateral, width, and length refinements
- Lightweight and breathable (22 oz or 620 grams)
- 1/2 in steel ball joint with anodized aluminum blocks for quick and secure camera mounting
- Interchangeable, machine washable helmet padding
- Greatest utility, easily fit to any actor
- GoPro® Hero5: Black
- Shoot in 1080p mode at 24, 25, 30, 45, 50, or 60 fps
- Shoot in 720p mode at 50, 60, 100, or 120 fps
- Remote control with wi-fi remote or GoPro App
- Reverse Touchscreen
- 2-3 hour battery life
- Records H.264 .mp4 files to microSD cards
- Records reference audio
- 1/4” (0.64 cm) anodized 6061 aluminum tubing
- 3 bars included
- 1 drop design left-sided bar at 8 in (20.32 cm) from the face
- 1 drop design right-sided bar at 8 in (20.32 cm) from the face
- 1 hoop at 8 in (20.32 cm) from the face
- Two piece light weight, high strength, nylon camera mount designed for Hero 5
- Camera Mount with GoPro Hero 5 weighs 3.5 oz or 100 grams
- Compatible with all Faceware camera bars
- Quick slide cage easily opens for battery changes
- Extra battery
- 32 gig microSD memory card
- AC/DC battery charger
- Hex ball driver
HDMI to USB 3.0 adapter:
- HDMI v1.4a – supports up to 1920×1080 60p
- Driverless hardware, truly plug and play for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Internal up, down, and cross converter
- Realtime hardware for frame rate conversion and de-interlacing
- USB 3.0, 300-350MB/s throughput
- Includes USB 3.0 connection cable
Custom Laser cut foam hardcases:
- SKB I-Series or Pelican Air cases for all systems